Have you ever felt so defeated and frustrated that you want to just throw in the towel and run away? Author Kay Hutchison did exactly that, fleeing her annual holiday to the Cote d’Azur, moving out of her home, and leaving behind her marriage and a well-established career.
In seeking to understand what forced this huge rupture in a previously smooth existence, Kay tried a range of mainstream and alternative therapies. In the end, she took part in 37 different forms of therapy to explore her particular midlife crisis and experience of the menopause. From colonic irrigation through to Shamanic therapy, Kay found solace and insight that she was able to share in her powerful book, My Life in 37 Therapies.
In this second episode of The Meaningful Life with Andrew G. Marshall, Kay and Andrew explore the many different ways in which therapy can help us cope with midlife and its tendency to throw at us so many of the unresolved issues of early life.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50.
- Buy My Life in 37 Therapies by Kay Hutchison
- Find out more about dealing with midlife and the relationship issues it can cause in Andrew’s book It’s Not a Midlife Crisis, It’s an Opportunity.
- Read Andrew’s advice on some of the common issues faced inside long-term marriages in his article on avoiding the “silver divorce”:
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/andrewgmarshall
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AndrewGMarshallTherapy
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5gT7ru5sblpFaU2-iWTTw