What does gratitude actually mean? It isn’t just about being nice or saying thank you a lot. According to Chester Elton, who has been called “the apostle of appreciation”, gratitude cuts to the heart of who we really are. Gratitude exists at an emotional level and is about who is in our lives, what we find meaningful and how we live.
If we make time for gratitude, we can find a way to live that makes everything less stressful. In this episode, Chester and Andrew talk through the ways we can build gratitude into everyday life, adding meaning and lightness to our daily routines.
Chester has also carried out extensive research into how gratitude can help us lead in the workplace. His books, co-authored with Adrian Gostick, include Leading With Gratitude and All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50.
- Read Chester Elton’s Leading with Gratitude Book
- Sign up for Chester Elton’s free LinkedIn newsletter, The Gratitude Journal
- Read Chester Elton’s article on Why We Should be Grateful for Hard Times
- Read Jay Shetty’s book Think Like A Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day
- Read Andrew’s advice on keeping a journal of your life and emotions.
- Get Andrew’s advice on creating real change in your life and relationships in his book Wake Up and Change Your Life: How to Survive a Crisis and Be Stronger, Wiser and Happier
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/andrewgmarshall
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AndrewGMarshallTherapy
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5gT7ru5sblpFaU2-iWTTw